Sunday, February 5, 2012

Party Rock Is In The House Tonight....

Wow...what an absolutely amazing night I had last night!  How am I awake and functioning with two and a half hours of sleep?  I have to say it was one of the best times I have had in a very long time. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the Rolling Stone Bacardi Bash Superbowl Party (long name for a party).


This event was done so very well. Being that I am a commoner, my husband and I entered in the General Admission door. They had Bacardi ladies staffed to stand there and take your picture as you walk on "your" red carpet. Made you feel kind of special. Then you entered into a fake airplane where you were introduced to different past decades. You see, Bacardi was celebrating their birthday. They are 150 years young! Happy birthday, Bacardi!

The next room was full of electric energy. In one section, there were autographed guitars displayed, and you could bid on them for a silent auction. These were from big stars like Madonna, the Beatles, The Boss, Van Halen, and Pink Floyd, just to name a few. There were cabaret type girls swinging on swings. There were poker tables where you can play to "win" a t-shirt (they give one to everyone). There was a small stage where professionals were dancing. There was a place where you could do a simulated spray paint on a screen, and then they emailed your picture to you. And because it was a Bacardi Party, there were multiple bars and free drinks.

Now to the entertainment...four bands and they played in this order:

Cobra Starship...You can see that I am pretty close, but still have probably six rows in front of me.


Gym Class Heroes... I got a lot closer. A friend said that it was like I was playing Tetris. I would find a small hole and fit myself into it. About Row 3 at this point. I literally could have reached out and touched him at times....but I didn't.


Next, Lupe Fiasco...pretty much front row.


And last, but certainly not least...LMFAO. Man, do those guys put on a show! Blow up zebras, dolphins, and balls thrown in to the crowd. Large glowing foam sticks tossed out, which I caught. They were drinking screwdrivers out of beer bongs. They were spraying the audience with champagne. And the dancing and costume changes were absolutely unreal. Here are a couple of photos from being in the front row.





I will tell you that, yes, there were a lot of celebrities at this event sitting, dancing, drinking, and schmoozing in their VIP areas. I will be honest, I could have cared less. I was having such an amazing time laughing and hanging with my husband and friends, tetrising my way to the front row and then singing and dancing my ass off, that I hardly glanced their way. And if you read my past blog post, you will know that I don't much care. And to those that think that I was wobbling and could barely stand because of all the Bacardi, you'd be wrong. I was the D.D. It was the hours of dancing, and then later, teetering in my heels.



No comments:

Post a Comment